Friday, April 27, 2012

Thriftatstic!!

I think my new favorite color combo might be grey and coral.  Spring time makes me want to use these colors ALL over!  So, in an effort to springy up the shop I am going to be adding it here and there.  I found this little tool tote at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  Have you guys been to one???  It is my own personal heaven!!  Not only can you get cabinets, toilets, and sinks, but you can get old doors, screens, and even furniture.  I could spend DAYS there and it is so stinkin cheap!

I found this old wooden tote and decided I needed it.  Sorry, I forgot to take a before... OOPSIE.  I hope you enjoy the after though!







I just painted the whole thing grey and sanded it a bit to give it that "worn" look.  Then I cut up an old table cloth I got at one of our estate sales to make the inside a little softer and springy.  It sort of makes me smile... so does this picture:


Such a sweet little picture... don't judge the mess:)  

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the tote.

    Sweet photo, and don't worry I've seen a lot worse mess at my house!

    ReplyDelete