Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Burlap Sacks + Dining Chairs =

When we moved into our house in Buena Vista my MIL gave us this SWEET vintage dining set.  It was a table, chairs, buffet, and china cabinet.  It looked amazing in our huge dining room with a fireplace and all.  Well, when I originally upholstered these in a creamy white we had no children.  We also rarely used these chairs since we also had an eat in kitchen.  Now that we moved to Littleton and no longer have a huge formal dining room these chairs are used everyday.  The white has turned gross.  Like really,  really, REALLY gross.  See:



I decided it was time to reupholster them in something a little more... "Luci friendly".  So I used those burlap grain sacks I was telling you about from Murdoch's.


I absolutely LOVE the less formal look of these new chairs!  What do you think?





I love the rustic look and the fact that they are going to hide the grunge a whole LOT better!  

Cheers:)

Decorating Insanity
Button
Keeping It Simple

8 comments:

  1. I love these! As per usual, since I love absolutely everything you do! Such a simple change, but it really changes the look of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the blue stripe running down them and how it's off centered! I just got another dining set for free and have yet to decide what to do with it. It'll be my 4th dining/kitchen table and my second set of chairs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the formal/casual contrast! Another great transformation. We've delayed the trip to Castle Rock until sometime around Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation! I found you on Miss Mustard Seed and I'm now following, would appreciate if you could follow back. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, I just love burlap. These chairs came out great! Thanks for sharing at A Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are darling~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete