Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread

My kitchen table transformation is complete.  I found this sweet little kitchen table at a thrift store in Boulder.  It had such a cute shape and a very good size, and I knew it was not reaching its full potential. 

On a side note, as you can see from the picture, I do most of my painting outside.  Well, one of the kids from our neighborhood was walking by when I was painting this table and asked, "Whatcha doin?"  So I said, "Painting my kitchen table."  He replied in a very condescending voice, "That's your kitchen table... it's small."  Then he just walked off.  Hahaha well, little boy down the street... this isn't Texas, and bigger isn't always better ya know! 

So anyway, back to my small kitchen table.



I have talked about wanting an aqua kitchen table for some time now.  Kyle always disagreed but this time I decided to just do it anyway... sorry babe.  And I am SO glad I did!

I sanded, primed, and sprayed until it was a beautiful glossy aqua.  Then, it was time to add some pizazz... (that word makes me want pizza.)  I stenciled around the outside "give us this day our daily bread."





When the stenciling was complete I realized there was still something missing.  I, (and by that I mean my hubby) screwed a lazy susan to the center and the transformation was complete! Luci helped too.


So there ya have it, my aqua table with a little pizazz!




Hope you all have a happy day!

 


Mercantile Muse










Keeping It Simple

3 comments: