Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Built in Redo

I have a problem... I am addicted, ADDICTED to Goodwill.  However, this time it paid off :)

I found this beautiful, I guess we will call it a "hutch", since I don't really know what else to call it.  It was actually a built in that someone removed at some point.  One side is finished and the other side is open (which gives it that much more character!)  It was ugly at the time but I knew I could give it a new life.


Well, I rolled my sleeves up and got to work.  After a ton of sanding and washing I decided I would white wash it, only I tinted my white paint with a little blue.  After just two coats of white washing or "blue washing" in my case, I loved it!



I didn't even have to get new knobs because the originals were so stinkin cute!  See:



And here she is at my new shop, The Dented Lampshade:




P.S. I promise to put up some pictures of the entire shop very soon!









Keeping It Simple


9 comments:

  1. Love it! I see your rose lampshade made it to the shop. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the piece is lovely, no matter what you call it!

    Very cute!

    Smiles from Miss Mustard Seed's linky party,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH-love it!I would love if you stopped over to link up at Get Schooled Saturday a Too Much Time on my Hands!

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I love the white wash effect.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name of your shop! I'm visiting from Miss Mustard Seeds and your rehab of that piece is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey traci, just a heads up that you are featured on Mercantile Muse today!

    :)

    Pam
    http://batesmercantileco.blogspot.com/2011/12/things-i-overheard-at-party.html

    ReplyDelete