Monday, July 25, 2011

Denver Patio Ride

This weekend was a special treat for me.  I did not pick up one can of spray paint, not one sewing needle, not even a vacuum.  Nope, instead I went out on the town... in true Denver STYLE!!  My best friend Heather is turning 27 and so we used this as the perfect excuse to head downtown to ride a giant bike in 90 degree weather.  For those of you who haven't heard of it, Denver Patio Ride is basically a 16 person bike that you and your friends peddle around and bar hop in Denver.  It is impossible to explain so here is a picture of us all on it.
Those are peddles under each seat! 

It was extremely hot but worth every minute!!  We started at a hot dog shop for $5 hot dog and beer special and then made our way through the streets of Denver... yes you ride this thing in traffic!! 


A couple of pictures of the fun time we had.  Me and the birthday girl:) 


Dave was hot so he lost his shirt and then to top if off he found a pink helmet.  Safety first.

And of course our trip would not have been complete unless someone planked.  If you do not know what "planking" is google it.  It is hilarious, and so stupid.  I think that's why I love it so much.  I call this the Patio Ride Plank. 


I had a fantastic time.  I missed Luci Rae but I am glad I took the weekend to have some fun with old friends.  Don't get me wrong, my idea of a good time is also a sunny day and a can of spray paint but it was a nice change of pace!  This week I am back to my boring mommy self but this weekend was fantastic!

One last pic of the ladies:)

I highly recommend this if you are looking for something ridiculous and fun to do! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

    I like it and am now following you! Found you thru the Etsy Blog team. You can view my blog at:

    http://www.testreasuretrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great time:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you guys definitely had some fun. I've never seen a bike that big before!

    http://dreameryphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete