Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy Little Bee

I have been a very busy bee lately.  Because of our recent move to Denver I have been given the gift of time.  I am only working three days a week now and thus I get 2 blessed days with my little lady.  We no longer have cable and this makes for some creative passing of time, especially with the rain that was going on this last month.  Taking away the cable has made it so we only get about 5 channels.  At first I thought I would miss my MTV and of course my HGTV, but it turns out I don't miss it at all.  Taking away the TV has freed up even more time then I realized.  So, as we all know I take after my mother, and with all of her wonderful traits I also inherited her massive ADD issue.  I can't seem to make myself stop moving and running around.  (I think Luci has also inherited this "ants in my pants" problem).  Instead of letting my idol hands fall into the devil's play I have focused my energy on crafting.  I just wanted to share with you a little bit of the fun I have been having. 

This is my new front door welcome wreath!  It was so cheap and so fun to make.  All it is, is one of those foam circles from hobby lobby, colored rope, ribbon and paper.  I just wrapped and wrapped until the foam wreath was covered.  The letters and flower are just pinned on there with straight pins so I can change it out with the seasons.  I absolutely love it!


I have been very busy planning for my sister's baby shower this weekend.  These are the prizes I made for all of our games.  So to all you ladies out there who are going to be in attendance... get your game faces on, because you will definitely want to win!

I am learning how to sew... slowly:)  This is the little stuffed owl I made for my sisters little bun in the oven.  (I know it is kind of crappy but Shena will love it because she has to:)


Plus Luci Rae tested it out and approved!
Well, that's all for now.  I can't wait to see my sis this weekend and I will post pictures of her adorable prego belly soon!

5 comments:

  1. You've made so many beautiful things I love the wreath! Wow isn't it incredible how much time TV takes away from us? I think everybody should make an effort to stay away from it for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Especially your perfect little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes with your recent move to Denver!
    I LOVE the blue door wreath! Lovely!

    So glad I found you through the Etsy Blog Team!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is crazy how much time I have freed up without TV!

    I think she is pretty perfect too:)

    Thanks so much I am following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is adorable! So is little Luci Rae!!!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete