Monday, July 16, 2012

Custom Dresser

As if my life isn't crazy enough, I have decided to start taking on some custom furniture jobs.  I was skeptical about this at first, but after doing my first two pieces for one of my friends I am SO glad I did this!  It is kind of intimidating to try and create someone else's vision.  I mean, what if you totally screw it up and ruin their awesome dresser.  AHHHH!  


Danielle was great though. She had tons of pictures for me to go off of.  After deciding on a color and style I just dove right in.  I started off big.  I mean really big.  Look at this huge mama jamma of a dresser.




Kind of pretty... if you have some vision.  I actually LOVE the brass handles, it just wasn't the right style. So I busted out the sandpaper, primer and sprayer and got to work.  Ok, Kyle might have helped a little:)  Well, I guess you want to see the after now right?



YES PLEASE!!!!  I am SO SO happy with how it turned out.  It is a not quite white (I think it was called Roman White from Sherwin Williams.)  I went ahead and got the higher end paint for this piece because I know this is something that will get a lot of wear and tear. Now that I have jumped in with both feet I think I am really going to enjoy doing some custom pieces.  I also did a standing mirror for her but forgot to take pictures.  It turned out super cute, take my word for it.  

I have a few more projects to do for Danielle, and am super excited to see how they come out.  PLUS, she happens to be preggo and we get to find out the gender this week... This may mean doing baby furniture.  YAYAYAYAYA!!!

So, I guess we can add "custom furniture refurbisher" (is that even a thing?) to my many hats.  

3 comments: