Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wardrobe

So, originally I bought this adorable wardrobe because I wanted to actually keep it.  I know, I know, I should stop getting my hopes up.  Well, when I found out I was expanding my space at The Barn I was in a mad rush for furniture.  So, instead of having this beauty in my guest room like I planned, I dragged it back to the shop.  

I am aware that it is cute just the way it is.  HOWEVER, it is just not my style.  I LOVE the shape and even the color of the wood, but it just didn't sit well with me. SOOOOO, I painted it. Shocking, I know.




I love the look of 2 toned furniture and the wood on this was in perfect condition, so I just decided to do the drawer faces and door.







Seeing it all pretty and done makes me sad.  I totally wanted it in my guest room, but in the end, the growth of my business is more important then the cuteness of my guest room... right???



Mercantile Muse

3 comments:

  1. oh absolutely. at least that's what i'll tell you to keep telling yourself. customers over cuteness. customers over cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sweet! How hard would it be to haul it back home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Pamela's comment: Customers over cuteness. And it looks great in your expanded space!

    ReplyDelete