Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Black Thumb

I seriously can't keep a plant alive.  Animals and children... yes... unless you count fish, I can't keep them alive either.  This year, I decided that I wanted to have a cute front porch.  One of the elements to a cute front porch, unfortunately for me, is flowers.  Well, I decided to start small.  I saw this in Pinterest land somewhere and thought, I could do that!  I got these cute boots at Goodwill for $5, drilled a hole in the bottoms for the water to drain, stuck some soil in there (miracle grow... hopefully it can perform a miracle and keep them alive) and planted my flowers.  They look so darn cute!  Plus I have managed to keep them alive for like 3 weeks now.  That is record time for me.  Unless you count the cactus that took me 2 years to kill.





On a side note, I asked Luci to go put on a hat for the pool... guess I should have been a little more specific.  Happy hump day blogger peeps!


Pinterest Party

Grab the party button & invite your friends!

5 comments:

  1. Porch looks great! And I don't blame Luci for wanting to wear that hat -- it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, too cute with the hat!!!

    LOVE the petunias in the boots. petunia tip....when one wilts, just pull it off. keep deadheading and you'll have pretty blooms all summer. I love petunias, they remind me of my parent's back patio. they always have petunias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucked out finding those boots a Goodwill! Amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute planter -- and Luci Rae is adorable, as always.

    I, too, have killed cactus. My brother once told me all my plants looked like candidates for last rites. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I can't keep plants alive either. Thanks for sharing with us at our Pinteresting Party. Hope you will come back and share again this week.

    ReplyDelete