Thursday, February 14, 2013

Am I Turning Red?

 I do a lot of embarrassing things.  Just ask my best friend Heather.  She could entertain you for a week with stories of my embarrassing moments.  This time, I did something SO embarrassing that I just had to share.  It is one of those moments that you replay 100 times in your head, trying to figure out how you could possibly be THAT awkward of a person.  I just have to accept that I am who I am, and that's all that I am.

So here it goes, confession time:

My mom was supposed to watch Luci for me but she had a vet appointment for her dog Chester.  It was in a convenient location so I just said I would meet her there and drop Luci off.  I had been there ONE other time and met her very nice, VERY shy veterinarian ONCE.  I can't remember his name so we will call him Steve.  Well, I walked in about half way through the exam.  I stood quietly while my mom finished up.  

When the appointment was over Steve said it was nice to see me again and  walked towards me with his arm extended at about shoulder level. As he approached me my mind was racing.  Is he going to shake my hand?  Nope, his arm is up way too high for that.  Well, in my panic and awkwardness I did the only logical thing I could think of... I hugged him.  I mean what would you do if someone walked at you with their arm extended at shoulder level????!!!!!  As I wrapped my arm around poor, unsuspecting Steve's waist (going with the awkward side hug of course) I heard the click.  And then it hit me.  Nope, he was NOT going in for the hug, he was just opening the door that I happened to be standing in front of!!!!!!!!!  Yep, I just hugged poor Steve.  A man I have met once... and plan on NEVER seeing again.  

I about died.  I don't think I have stopped laughing since.  Have you guys ever seen the episode of Friends where Rachel kisses her boss???  Yeah, it was that bad.  So, needless to say, I will not be hugging perfect strangers anymore.  Or at least I will try not to!!!  But if we ever see each other in public, just know, I'm awkward and unpredictable.  Fair warning.




5 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for my first laugh of the day - that was hilarious!
    I constantly do things like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahahahahaha. We obviously come from the same gene pool. I'm the most awkward person ever as well. Cant tell you how many face-smooshing, went to the wrong side, this person wasnt actually interested in hugging me, moments I've had in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaahaha!! I totally have the clumsy thing going on, but that takes the cake. That story will be a bright spot in my day today. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete