Thursday, February 7, 2013

Adventures in Toddlerhood



Do you guys remember the show "Kids Say The Darndest Things" with Bill Cosby?  Well, sometimes I feel like I live in one of these episodes.  My life is hilarious.  Let me give you an example.

Luci has been potty training.  I thought she would never get there, maybe she would still be in diapers when she went off to college, but one day she just up and decided she was ready.  The doctor told me not to push her because she is so "spirited."  Ummmm by spirited she means stubborn, but it was nice of her to say it so gently.  So, I listened and didn't push.

One day she saw me getting dressed and pointed her cute little finger at me and said "Mommy what's that."  Oh Crap, is she pointing at the scars where my belly button piercing used to be and now I have to talk about bad decisions we made when we were young? Is she pointing at my c-section scar and I'm about to have to explain where babies come from?  Phew, nope, she was pointing at my undies.  Crises was overrated.  Right then and there she decided she wanted to wear them too.  So we did.  With only a few accidents and tears later she finally got the idea.  In her exact words, "We don't peepee on mommy's floor or in the bathtub."  She's one smart cookie.

Well, daddy got her up from nap this weekend and when she came downstairs she just looked so sad.  I asked her why she had a pouty face and she told me this...

"Mommy, I went number twoski in my pants."  I about wet my own pants laughing.  Obviously she has been talking to daddy too much.  


2 comments:

  1. Toddlers are too funny! I loved ages two and three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diaper bag toting days are numbered! Hooray for Luci Rae and her big girl undies!

    ReplyDelete