Tuesday, January 22, 2013

License Plate

This Christmas my family all agreed that we would not get each other anything. We are going on a trip in March... and I am counting down the days... so we figured that would be our present.  Well, of course I couldn't resist having just a little something under the tree for my parents to open.  Let me show you what I made my mom.  

First let me start by saying that my parents are horse people.  They have 2 horses at their house... ok maybe not AT their house but down at the barn at their house.  This is why Luci is OBSESSED with horses.  It is out of control really.  She can already sit by herself on Slimmy and hold on to his mane while he walks.  How many 2 year olds have a pony... I mean really.  Can you say SPOILED!  

Anyway, I found this old rusty license plate holder at Goodwill for $2 and decided my mom had to have it.  At first I thought she would just put it on her car but then I decided it would be WAY cuter as a cork board.  So, I added a rope to hang it, some cork wrapped in burlap and some cute push pins:



So for $2 (because I already had the other supplies) my mom had a cute little present under the tree to open... because everyone should get to open at least one present on Christmas:)



2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I'm sure your mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The 2 year old on the pony reminds me of Ty Murray. Do you know who he is? He was on a horse at age 1 and riding calves by the time he was 2.

    ReplyDelete