Friday, May 11, 2012

Thrifting Queen

Check out my new stash!  Ok, I may not be the queen of thrifting yet, but I think this last trip at least gets me duchess or princess status or something.  



This rocking chair is absolutely adorable.  The chippy yellow paint is perfect.  I will just change out the seat fabric and it will be ready to go. 


This coral polkadot dress is so vintage chic!  I feel like I should wear it to a derby party or something... with pearls.


I know the sled is a little off season but it was way to cool to pass up.  I figure I can hold on to it for Christmas.


The cherry on top of all of this junk is this beauty!  I can't wait to paint it white and clean up the cushions.  It is FABULOUS!


Guess how much I paid for this chair... go ahead and guess.


$1.99!  It is so cute with the chippy white paint.  It is solid as a rock too.  SCORE!


Oh, and this little scarf and hat made me happy.  Who doesn't need a hot pink sun hat right?  


The ARC by my house is probably the best thrift store EVER.  I never walk out empty handed or disappointed.  So that's it for the latest episode of my thrifting adventures. 

Keeping It Simple

8 comments:

  1. Hey, love the rocking chair. Did you know that it's a sewing rocker? There are no arms on the rocker because they get in the way and it's harder to hand sew. I have an antique one that my in-laws gave me and love it. Otherwise I'd be begging for yours :-0 Hope you enjoy it as much as I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously want to drive to Colorado and buy that rocking chair! Did you get a good enough bargain that my travel expenses from TN will factor in and still make it a good deal? JK! I LOVE a thrifting high! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC finds!! I dub thee Thrifting Queen of Castle Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that settee is awesome!!! can't wait to see what you do with it traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. what terrific finds! I think it is queen status! oh my gosh you got such great stuff!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of it! I would have snagged that sled too, I am envisioning a Christmas display with that!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange fabric on the love seat thing! I hope it cleans up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pieces!!!! The couch is my fav!

    ReplyDelete