Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rocky Rocky

I thrifted this little beauty with my sis and mom last week.  I pretty much fell in love instantly.  Shena and I spotted it immediately.  I practically ran to it and hugged it.  The yellow paint was so cute and chippy.  The only issue was the dingy fabric.  I actually liked the original fabric but it was really gross so it had to go.  


After a good scrub down and some pretty new fabric, aka, old curtains, this little guy shined up SO CUTE!  I mean, I didn't even have to paint it:)




Originally I wanted to keep it, but my monkey of a 19 month old took a head dive off of it leaving a big old goose egg on her forehead.  At that point I decided it would be better off in a home with an older... slightly less top heavy kiddo.  Not that she won't find something else to climb up on.  I basically would have to live in a completely padded house to keep that kid out of trouble.  I guess that would classify as an insane asylum so really that would be fitting in our house.

Happy Wednesday everyone!




Mercantile Muse
Decorating Insanity
Keeping It Simple

6 comments:

  1. Love the chippy finish, and the new fabric. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Love this re-do! The color is great.. glad you didnt have to paint it! Very pretty :)

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party.. its going on now! :)
    http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/05/financial-friday-fabulous-features_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!! Love the colors!!! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCORE! What a great find! The fabric is great and how cute is that rocker? Ohmygosh - Sucks you couldn't keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great... what a pity you couldn't keep it :(
    Thanks for linking to Shabbiclious Friday @ Shabby Art Boutique.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete